Tuesday, January 14, 2014

An adventure with my new snow boots!







On Sunday, my father surprised me with a brand new pair of snow boots! The new pair of snow boots came with a problem though they were not wide enough for my orthopedic braces. My father decided that he wanted to modify the snow boots so that I could put my snow boot on with my brace already in the boot. This caused problems because the bone that sticks out on the side of your ankle kept hitting and rubbing when I was trying to put the snow boot and brace on together which was quite painful. My father came up with the solution of putting the piece of a leg from an old sofa and a bearing cover for a vehicle inside the snow boot to widen them. Then he turned on the propane torch IN THE HOUSE (thank goodness for his many years of prior experience working with one!) and warmed up the sides to help secure and form the wider snow boot. I now have new snow boots that work with my orthopedic braces. Now I will have no more wet feet or cold toes! 

4 comments:

  1. Problem solving at its best! Glad you got a solution and you can have dry warm feet on what have been cold winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you figured out a solution! You and your father are definitely problem solvers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! It is such a blessing to have a father that loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed with the "IN THE HOUSE". I would have been worried about that too! I am glad to hear that you found a solution - what a relief.

    ReplyDelete