Monday, February 17, 2014

A lesson learned in reading ingredients!


11454297503_e27946e4ff_h   My father surprised me this past weekend with the treat of going to McDonald's to get a salad. I was so excited to be going out to eat with my father that I completely forgot about looking over the ingredients on their website. I went to McDonald's and got a chicken salad with Italian dressing only to regret this decision later. My father then surprised me by saying that he wanted to take me to the local thrift store to find a dress for the wedding reception I am going to soon. Well little, did I know how much pain I would be in after eating that salad.  I am still not sure what I ate that did not agree with me but I had horrible stomach pain afterwards. It was like someone punched me in the stomach and kept increasing the pain by putting my stomach through a washing machine. I was in intense pain but did not want to say anything to my father to upset him for the nice things he was doing. So I worked through the pain and went to the thrift store and found a dress. After coming home  I went directly to the bathroom sink which is where I thought I would not leave and then eating more papaya tablets than I could count I felt much better. After reading what I ate, I am beginning to wonder if it was not the anchovies in the Italian dressing. I don’t think I have ever eaten this before but whatever it was, I hope to find out before going through that awfulness again!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, nothing like a tummy ache to ruin your day. It must have been fun to go dress shopping with your Dad. Would love to hear about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete