Tuesday, February 25, 2014

An adventure in only a few blocks


11454297503_e27946e4ff_h

        My father decided this past weekend to start teaching me how to drive the older Ford truck and this was difficult because it was so different from my vehicle I normally drive. Most of the corners I turned I lost the gas pedal and slowly died around corners. Trying to adjust to the height and the wide turning radius was a challenge. My father was teasing me about my poor parking ability when I attempted to parallel parked and first parked in front of a person’s driveway and then parked far away from the curb. My father was teasing me saying, “Are we parking in the middle of the road now?” I told him “No, I don’t think so?” and then tried parking again. My father continued to tease me and told me to park before he fell asleep or he would take a nap and to wake him up when up when I was parked. After running, several errands I gave the keys to my father and had him drive home waiting to try driving the truck more for later. 

2 comments:

  1. Driving can be exhausting! I'm teaching daughter number 2 and I'm tired in the passenger seat - so much to deal with!
    I'm glad your dad is using humor to cut the tension. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always difficult when you go from a vehicle you are comfortable in, to something new!

    ReplyDelete